Sunday 26 September 2010

A Favour Returned.

Begin log.

It's been just over a year since the loss of the Rokh class battleship Hachiman and all crew serving aboard. An interface malfunction prevented me from operating the defensive and offensive systems, while also preventing the emergency warp safeguard, during warp into a Guristas base.

It's been almost twenty four hours since I returned the favour. The Spirit of Fury cut through them quickly, the advanced Scourge missiles ripping through shields, armour, and eventually hull, as though it were butter. It was glorious....

Hoshi handled the post battle salvaging operation. She found something quite interesting. A data recorder from the wreckage of a Guristas Raven class battleship. It was quite heavily damaged, as most things that have been in an explosion generally are, but some parts of it were readable. Barely....

>Transmission received: Sword, this is Shield. Be advised, a Capsuleer vessel has entered the area, tactical reports it as a cruiser sized vessel, Tengu class. We are moving to engage.

>Transmission sent: [RECORD DAMAGED!]

>Transmission received: Sword, this is Shield-Two. We are taking losses. Shield-Five and Shield-Six are down. Shield-One has lost comms. Destruction imminent. Request ^%(^yg&( [RECORD DAMAGED!]

>Transmission sent: Shield-Two. This is Sword-One. Request denied. Report on Capsuleer vessel.

>Transmission received [RECORD DAMAGED! PARTIAL DATA RECOVERY ONLY!] : ...No noticeable damage....Attempting....[DATA UNRECOVERABLE!]

>Transmission sent: Shield-Two. This is Sword-One Actual. Retreat to my position. Acknowledge!

I guess that's where 'Shield-Two' was destroyed by one of my volleys, because that's the last transmission from them that could be recovered. The final transmission that could be recovered was the last thing 'Sword-One' managed to send. I guess I destroyed them last, since it cuts off....
>Transmission sent: This is a message to any Guristas vessels in the area. Request immediate assistance. Heavy damage. Multiple casualties. Multiple hull breaches. Current position is....
Hoshi said that there were no escape pods found. My only explanation is that they didn't have time to get to them.


They had no idea who I was. I'm sure that they weren't even the same people who destroyed my ship before. But I returned a favour. A fleet, and it's crew, for one of my ships, and it's crew. It feels like a fair trade to me.


Honoured are the dead, for their legacy guides us. 


Honoured are the crew of the Hachiman.


End log.

No comments:

Post a Comment