Tuesday 29 March 2011

Combat Trials.

Begin Log.

Furious Angel During combat trials.

My Machariel class battleship Furious Angel rolled off the production line a few weeks ago. While I completed required piloting skills, I made sure that a team of engineers combed the entire ship, to ensure everything was up to standard. It was.

As soon as I was able to fly the Angel, my engineers got to work once again, adding my advanced gyrostabilisers and tracking enhancers to augment the on-board fire control systems. I  want the cannons to fire straight and true. I had the defensive shielding systems installed, after they were removed from the Spirit of Fury. I want the Angel to shrug off incoming fire as she acquaints my targets with their ancestors. Finally the cannons were added. Seven, eight-hundred millimetre, repeating cannons. Simulations I have run, project a rate of fire of under four seconds, and a maximum effective range of over sixty kilometres.

Recently, I have been taking the Angel on short combat trials, both alone, and with other pilots. The performance has been astounding, even though my skills at interfacing with and controlling the fire control systems still need some work, and the planned advanced weaponry has yet to be installed. Until such things are done, I won't be comfortable taking the Angel on her shakedown cruise, or her maiden voyage. At this point, however, it is looking promising.

This is not all that has been happening. The corporation is going from strength to strength all of the time, with a new Starbase having been anchored, and our blueprint library having research done to make production more efficient. Many employees have not yet returned, though. This is something I hope will change quite soon.

End Log.

No comments:

Post a Comment